LAS NHS Trust found that BAU and projects became incredibly stretched during Covid pressures, with staff sickness and workforce diversion stalling much needed BAU and change project work being carried out across the organisations infrastructure.
The challenge was clear. LAS needed Network Engineers, Business Change professionals and Service Desk professionals brought in quickly and in the most affordable and controlled manner possible. Managing the risk of cost, contract variants, control of staff and delivery of outcomes needed was a priority too.
Rethink Healthcare worked with LAS over a 2hr scope session to identify:
- The precise resource needed to reach outcomes
- The cost envelope was negotiated using Rethinks market knowledge and available live bench
- Rethink deployed a team of flexible resource specialists, managing workflows and days onsite with the department leads, all within cap rate
- All contractors or services were on the same contracts, same framework, and one point of contact for LAS at Rethink reducing process time, management time and issue resolution
- Cost was drilled down to the very minimum, estimated savings were £124,000 compared to usual route to market