Rethink Healthcare were commissioned by LAS to assist them in driving their Information Security agenda and develop their strategy.
We have established a more robust and cohesive approach to Cyber Security in the time that we have been there. And have achieved some great outcomes, by utilizing our knowledge and experience to deliver changes, most of these changes have made our user’s working lives easier.
These stakeholders want holistic Cyber responses and Systems that are Secure-by-Design
- Legacy systems
- Unused security tooling
- Overlapping capabilities
- No centralised management
- No formalised reporting
- Disproportionate incident response
- Rudimentary security controls
- No logging or monitoring
- Security Baseline Created – the point to recognise the issues and something to use as a yardstick.
- SMT Engagement – driving change from within and both up and down the command lines.
- Blueprint produced on the direction of travel – compliance (DSPT), Cyber Essentials, Reporting and Monitoring – SLAs, KPIs, KRIs
- Redefining or integrating legacy solutions into the new proposals to demonstrate flexibility in ensuring LAS received bespoke solutions still within best practice mindset
- Centralised admin and management functions
- Rationalised security tooling with a centralised, single point of management
- Cloud-based to provide universal coverage (first cloud deployment in Trust)
- Documented and exercised incident response playbook
- Formalised KPIs and KRIs reported to Board level
- Baseline logging and monitoring capability
- Controlled and managed limited legacy systems
- Interaction and collaboration with industry and sector forums