Senior HR Officer
£300 per day.
South West England
We have a fantastic temporary opportunity for an experienced Senior HR Officer to join our team to deliver the full remit of Managing Employee Relations for our Government client, and to provide the full generalist HR remit.
(from managing basic ER admin through to managing very complex cases) as well as coaching line managers on policies and procedures, supporting them with workforce planning discussion and helping to prepare business cases.
This role can be based from home but will require you to flexible and attend the South West office for the initial training period and then as and when required going forward. The team are typically working one or two days a week at the Covid safe office.
Some of the Key Responsibilities
- Managing all employee relations cases including basic ER admin, dealing with queries around the policy and procedures and managing ER cases (some often very complex).
- Effective and proactive management of ER cases including disciplinary, grievances, investigations, appeals, and capability processes.
- Coaching and supporting line mangers in relation to ER queries and cases.
- Supporting line managers with workforce planning requirements and preparing business cases
- Supporting HRBPs with project and BAU activities
- Maintain and provide statistical and management information in relation to ER cases.
Skills and Experience
- Be fully/part CIPD qualified or working towards
- Sound knowledge of Employment law and HR best practice
- Proven experience of managing complex employee relations cases
- Experience gained within the sector would be desirable but not essential
- Strong communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills and sound judgment