Credit Controller FTC (3/6 months)
Manchester based- remote working initially due to COVID
Here at Rethink we are looking to hire a Credit Controller to join our finance and accounting team in Manchester. The role will be fully remote initially due to COVID, flexible working from Manchester City Center office thereafter. This is 3/6 month FTC – potential opportunity to go perm in the future.
Joining our recruitment organisation as a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for multiple companies in the organisation working within a team and reporting to the Credit Manager. You will work on your own initiative and scrutinise your aged debtor, ensuring that any outstanding payments on the sales ledger are recovered at the earliest opportunity to ensure monthly targets are achieved/exceeded.
You will build rapports with both external & internal customers; ensuring relationships are sustained and developed to ensure payment efficiency. You will have frequent liaison with other teams within the Finance department and assist wherever possible. You will contribute to monthly and adhoc meetings with management to discuss progress and problematic clients and escalate where necessary.
- Collecting payment from commercial clients within credit terms
- Monitoring debts to identify and prioritise appropriate action to collect payment
- Timely posting of all sales ledger transactions
- Constant maintenance and monitoring of all ledger entries to ensure accuracy of information
- Confidently dealing with email and telephone queries
- Completing other ad hoc duties as required by the Credit Manager
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ credit control experience in a similar role
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Organised with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to build effective relationships with both clients and internally
- Ability to work in a proactive manner independently, and effectively
- The ability to meet deadlines/targets (Cash & DSO)
- Microsoft Excel experience required to a very good standard
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English
Please apply now to be considered!